What to do, what to do?
That is the question on everyone’s mind about the upcoming weekend. Though we’re dead smack in the middle of winter, there is no lack of festivities to keep you entertained. From group activities to hanging solo, there is an answer to that dreadful question leaving no excuses for your state of boredom.
1) Super Bowl Sunday! Yes, that’s right I said it. Calling all sports fans; there is no reason you have to sit at home whining about having nothing to do this Sunday. If house parties are not your style, local papers, radio station websites, and many television ads offering many places to watch the big game. For more information about the Super Bowl: www.nfl.com
2) Since February is now known as the month of romance and Valentine’s Day falls on a Tuesday, couples may choose to celebrate the occasion instead of the date. And what better way to spend a weekend than at a chocolate festival! For event listings near you visit: www.chocolate-festival.org/MoreChocolateFestivals.html
3) If you are a busy body and lucky enough to have snow in your area, you can’t go wrong with winter activities such as sledding, skiing, snowboarding, or snowmobiling. A favorite of is to pack the kids in the car and drive up to them hills, have a snow ball fight, drop down and make snow angels, and then build a huge snowman.
– Check for avalanche warnings
– Tell someone where you are going to be
– abide by area rules
4) Last but not least; www.eventful.com is a great resource to find out what is happening in your area. The website lists concerts, performing arts, movies, family activities, great places to eat, and nightlife.